Hey guys! Its Tuesday the 18th and in case you didn't know, Summer is only three days away! By way of a little celebration I thought it would be fun to do a short Summer Countdown, and I'll have a new sunshiny themed post every day for the rest of the week! To start it off today I'm sharing a really great Do-It-Yourself Body Scrub that is so much more than appropriate for this time of year! Take a look:
This is by far one of my favorite mixtures because it smells soo fantastic! I literally can't walk by it without taking off the lid and smelling the contents.haha It also leaves a long lingering sweet citrus scent on my skin which is to die for, and is incredibly refreshing and cleansing. I'm so excited for you to try it, so lets get to it!
DIY Lime Lavender Body Scrub
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- the green zest of 2 limes
- approx 16 drops lime essential oil
- approx 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 4-6 drops ylang ylang essential oil (optional)
- 2-4 drops grapfruit essential oil (optional)
- 1 cup white sugar
To use: After a bath or shower or rinse even(you just want the parts you wish to exfoliate to be damp), take a teaspoon sized amount at a time and rube on your skin in circular motions. Rinse with warm water once you're done, pat dry, and enjoy your new smooth and soft summertime skin!
- The course sugar granules make this the ideal body exfoliate (especially for knees, elbows, etc), but make it too course for facial use in my opinion.
- I like to lotion up a bit after I've dried off to replenish my skins moisture.
- If you have sensitive skin just test a bit on a small area before taking on your whole body:)
and that's all there is too it! this scrub makes the perfect addition to your at-home girls spa day, not to mention a great gift! Just stick it in a pretty little jar, add on a few ribbons or homemade content stickers and you're good to go! Perfect for birthday's, mother's day anniversaries, etc because as much as we love having smooth exposed skin during the summertime, its always a good idea:)
See you tomorrow for another fun summertime countdown post, and thanks for your visit!
P.S. I'd love to post more scrub recipes, so if you're interested in other combinations, let me know!
P.P.S. Remember that Google Reader is going R.I.P. really soon, so don't forget to...