Morning guys! Some of you may know that today marks the end of National Baby-Wearing Week, and I've loved seeing my Instagram flooded with photos of baby-wearin' mamas and papas, also it's been neat to share some of my own as well! I always get so many questions from you guys about which different wraps and slings are my favorites and what I love about them, how I wrap them, etc, so I'm excited about the first ever post featuring the first ever wrap I received which was from Happy Baby!
This wrap came in the mail shortly after Lydia was born, and as soon as I looked up how to wrap it (which was surprisingly fast and easy) I tucked my little newborn in it and instantly fell in love. It was so incredibly comfortable!
I'd had various baby carriers before with the bulky buckles and the hard straps and suffered through them, so this was a whole new side of baby-wearing that I'd never experienced, and I knew immediately I was hooked. Lydia tucked instantly into my chest and fell asleep, and I loved that I could snuggle her for as long as I wanted with my hands and arms completely free to be productive, or to cradle her anyways which is natural instinct I think:)
I very quickly obsessed over my wrap to everyone and started recommending them to every mom I knew.haha The biggest draw for me was that the material was so soft across my back that I couldn't even feel it at all! It really felt like someone else was just holding her against up against me snugly, and I so wished I'd had one of these for the three babies before.
Well now that I've gushed for a while I want to move onto another part of this post: Since one of the questions I get asked the most about my wrap is how I actually wrap it, I thought I'd show you a little step-by-step of my favorite way!
1. Start with the Happy! Tag that's in the middle of your wrap, and hold it against your tummy. Adjust the height at this point to how high you want your baby to be on you.
2-3. pull each end up diagonally across your back and over the opposite shoulder.
4. See the X that you're creating on your back.
5-6. Gather both ends that are hanging over your shoulders and tuck them under the tag section.
7. Cris-cross the two ends, and tug them taught in the opposite direction. This is when you want to make sure your wrap is nice and snug!
8-9. Pull both ends around to the back and cross them, bringing them back around to the front again and tying in a double knot wherever you'd like. If you're a smaller gal you may want to wrap around a second time, though after the first it really doesn't make a difference:)
And you're ready for your baby!
Here's another demo now on actually adding the baby in, but since you can go a few directions once you've done the classic wrapping Miss Lydia is going to help me show you the way we use most often these days:
1. Begin by holding your baby on the opposite shoulder from the strap that's closest to your chest, and pull it directly away from you.
2. Hook your babies appropriate leg through (either facing you or facing front), and spread it across their bum.
3. Do the same thing with the opposite shoulder-
4. - Pulling the strap away from your body and tucking their leg under, not forgetting to spread the piece out across their bum again!
5. Next you're going to pull the tag or label section down and out from in-between you and your baby,
6. and spread it up and over your babies back! Make sure everything is adjusted to how you want it, and you're all good to go!
wearing | mama: monogrammed necklace - c/o wrenn jewelry // lace blouse- c/o fancy frills boutique // pants - ross
lydia: matching headband and pants c/o notes and knots // shirt - target // moccasins - c/o freshly picked
Now that my girl is nearly a year (!) I wear her on my front or back in the 'hug hold' all the time because she's too big to have her feet tucked up inside like with the 'newborn hold'. That was a sad transition day you can be sure! Also I have to add that without fail, every time we get situated with the wrap, she leans her head on my chest as if to acknowledge the commence of snuggle time.haha Love this girl so much.
Well now on to the absolute best part about this post: I'm so happy that the sweet people over at Happy Baby Wrap are offering one of you your very own in the color of your choice! Just complete as many of the entries below as you can to increase you chances of winning, and I wish you all the best of luck!
Thanks so much for stopping by today friends, and I hope you've enjoyed hearing alittle more about one of the ways we like to wear our babies (yes I say 'we' because martin uses slings and wraps too! :))
And now quickly before you go I'd love to hear if you're a current 'baby wearer' or if you're hoping to start, or any fun or sweet stories related to baby wearing for the rest of us to read and enjoy! Take care and have a great rest of your week!