Hello hello! I have a fun, fast, and fresh treat for you today inspired by Ellie's love of milk, in all its flavors! Recently I caught her putting strawberries in her sippy cup of milk during a snack time, and it got my thinking that I could whip up a super easy version of the classic favorite, only minus all the high fructose corn syrup! (among other things:)) So, here you have it!
Ellie's Fresh Strawberry Milk
Yeild: 4 cups
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (frozen will work)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 cups milk
1. Add all the ingredients (minus the milk:)) together in a small saucepan and boil for 12 minutes. The mixture will thicken and turn dark red as it forms a strawberry sauce.
2. Once the timer goes off, strain your mixture well into a pitcher. (save your mushy strawberries for ice-cream or yogurt topping:))
3. Leave your sauce to cool for a bit, than add 3-4 cups of milk to your pitcher depending on the sweetness you prefer. (the ratio is about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce per 1 cup of milk)
4. Pour into your favorite glass (or sippy cup) and enjoy!
When was the last time you had strawberry milk? haha Here's to a warm productive day! Bottoms up!