The 1st of September always feels like a fresh start to me. The air is so brisk and clean smelling in the mornings, the colors are changing around us turning into the most beautiful natural colors ever created, and we can say farewell to another blissful and very VERY busy Summer. This morning driving home from my early workout, I watched as the children walked to school or to the bus stop with their shiny new shoes and stuffed back packs, and I realized, fall is really here! yes its still 85 degrees some days, but it’s here!
I’m so looking forward to going through all the seasonal experiences that come with fall and winter with Ellie again and with Sophia the first time. All the baking and smelling of sweet treats, the music, the togetherness, the decorations, the world outside… Moat all of the best and sweetest memories from my childhood and all growing up on to my courtship happened when the air was chilly and the world was quiet. Hopefully my excitement will rub off on the girlies:) And so, with a fresh new season, comes fresh new goals!
Here are a few of mine:
- Take more time to sew.
- Continue our family strolls, and make a goal for at least 3 times/week.
- Read more.
- Finish up my Christmas shopping early.
- Take a ton of pictures.
- Finally compleat those photo albums i’ve been promising Martin.
- Enjoy at least a date a week with my love.
- Finish work on the pantry.
- Take the girls to the playground more before it’s blanketed with snow.
- Creat more.
- Make the nursery and parlor curtains. oh and the ones for the kitchen, and the dining room, and the kids rooms, and… oh just the whole house basically.
- Finish all the ‘in progress’ projects hanging around my sewing room.
- Limit frivolous spending.
- Learn to knit.
- ‘Fix’ my drabby overworked and under-cared-for fingernails.
- Lots and Lots more canning.
- Do more yoga.
- Keep up with my cleaning schedule and don’t let myself get overwhelmed.
- Continue my exercise routine.
- Make pie.
- Continue to turn our new house into a lovely home.